Established in 1998, and located since 2000 in Les Cours Mont-Royal on Peel street, in the heart of downtown Montreal, Pure salon is recognized as one of the best hairstyling and hair colour destinations in North America.
Awarded numerous trophies by the most prestigious Canadian and international hairstyling competitions, Pure salon is founded on a sound business philosophy from its three co-founders: Frederico Pacitto, co-owner of 40 hair salons, his daughter Anna Pacitto, co-owner of nine salons, and Master Hairstylist Daniel Benoît, recognized for his talent in advanced training.
Together, this trio of visionary entrepreneurs brings a wealth of creative ideas to life and gives this salon a dynamic vibe with the Pure touch.
Our hairstylists and colorists take part, since the foundation of the salon, in the most prestigious hair competitions in Canada, North-America, and globally. Here are a few of the coveted awards won by the Pure team:
- North American Salon of the Year (NAHA): 2010 – 2007 – 2002
- Quebec Salon of the Year: 2017 – 2014 – 2002 – 2001 – 2000 -1999
- Canadian Salon of the Year: 2017 – 2001 – 2000 – 1998
- Canadian Colorist of the Year: 1999 – 1998
- Canadian Make-Up Artist of the Year – 2002 – 2001 – 2000 – 1999 – 1998
NAHA Master Hairstylist of the Year
Strongly encouraged to pursue a career in professional hairstyling by her father, Frederico Pacitto, himself a barber and seasoned entrepreneur, Anna Pacitto has soared to the highest levels of international recognition in hairstyling, thanks to her unbridled creativity and unparalleled techniques. Owner of several hair salons, co-owner and artistic director of the prestigious Pure salon and Pure Academy, Anna Pacitto feeds her imagination through an appreciation for art, culture, fashion and cinema. Her unique style and artistic vision in hairdressing has helped her reach the most coveted awards in globally by world-class artists.
Currently artistic director for Intercoiffure America Canada, and on the Davines international artistic team, which leads her to offer cutting-edge education to sold-out classes wherever she goes, Anna Pacitto was also Artistic Director of L’Oréal Professionnel Canada for 17 years.
- Master North American Hairstylist of the Year (NAHA) – 2014
- Canadian Master Stylist of the Year: 2004 – 2000 – 1999 – 1998
- Canadian Avant Garde Stylist of the Year: 2001 – 1998
- Canadian Stylist of the Year: 2001 – 1998
- Multicultural Stylist of the Year: 1999
- Make-Over Stylist of the Year: 1998
- Quebec Stylist of the Year: 1997 – 1996
- Gold Medal at the International Beauty Show: 2001 – 1993
- 2 Gold Medals at World Image, Milan: 2004
- Finalist Master Elite Hairstylist North America: 2013 – 2012 – 2005
- Finalist Canadian Stylist of the Year: 2018
- Finalist Master Elite Stylist of the Year: 2018
Canadian Hairstylist of the Year
Co-owner of Pure Salon since its founding, Daniel Benoît has an impressive career in professional hairdressing that spans more than 35 years. Educated ‘on the go’ from the very beginning by renowned coaches in the world of hairstyling competitions, Daniel is now one of the most sought-after mentors in Canada. Strongly inspired by the style of British hairdressers, Daniel makes it a point to attend master classes in London every year, so that he can then share newly acquired skills with the entire Pure team. For him, hairdressing is constantly evolving.
Daniel Benoît is part of the prestigious artistic team of Davines North America.
- Canadian Hairstylist of the Year: 2003 – 2002 – 2001
- Avant Garde Canadian Haistylist of the Year: 2001
- Canadian Texture Hairstylist of the Year: 1999
- Quebec Hairstylist of the Year: 1999
- Winner of the Sebastian Colour Competition: 1997
- Gold Medal at the Canadian Championship: 1992
- Winner of the American Cup at the International Championship: 1992
- Finalist Canadian Stylist of the Year: 2018
Hairstylist and Educator
Louis Charland started his career as a hairstylist at one of Quebec City’s biggest salons, where he worked behind the chair for 12 years. When Pure salon was inaugurated, he was the first official employee. Very quickly, his natural ability for management helped him gain an executive position as the salon’s supervisor. Over the years, Louis has gotten involved in all aspects of professional hairstyling, including education. Today, he is Regional Master Trainer (Quebec) for Davines North America, and at Pure salon he is in charge of training staff for all Davines hair styling and hair color product launches.
- Master Hair Stylist
- Supervisor Salon Pure
- Regional Master Trainer at Davines North America
- Harper’s Bazaar Magazine, Summer 2014 – The most fashionable women in town book into Pure. It’s not unusual to see uptown chic and downtown edgy looks in neighbouring chairs.
- PBA – Professional Beauty Association – Meet 2010 Salon of the Year – Salon Pure
- PBA – Professional Beauty Association – Meet 2014 Master Hairstylist of the Year – Anna Pacitto
- Salon Magazine – Contessa Finalist Collection – Salon Pure.
- Estetica Magazine – Rarefied atmosphere by Anna Pacitto & Daniel Benoit.
- Salon Today – Reflecting on NAHA: Salon Pure.
- Modern Salon – 2014 NAHA Finalist: Pure Salon | Salon Team of the Year.